[clue-talk] Benefits of SSDs : was new processors

grant at amadensor.com grant at amadensor.com
Thu Jan 7 11:14:58 MST 2010

> Users on the same machine.  I might be jumping the gun here, but I
> don't feel like that's the right place for things like that.  MAYBE
> /var/tmp, but even that doesn't feel right to me.

I see /tmp as anything I want to go away on a reboot.  Being a KDE user,
there are already a lot of things that go into tmp, in
/tmp/kde-session-bob or /tmp/kde-bob.

I do not see browser cache as different.   Also, I primarily back up
/home, and I see no reason to back up browser cache.  I see where one
should be careful about the permissions of where it is placed, but I don't
think putting it there is an inherent security issue, as long as
permissions and ownership on the path are set before use.