[clue-talk] Alternative KDE distro

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 9 01:36:33 MST 2010

Does OpenSUSE count as SUSE?  Try the minimalist route with LFS, Arch or Gentoo, and build KDE4; then again it depends on how much administration you want to do on your own system.

KDE's website lists the following: http://www.kde.org/trykde/

	* KDE Four Live, frequently updated with recent version of KDE 4:
http://home.kde.org/~binner/kde-four-live/
	* Debian KDE team KDE livecd's
http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde4livecd.html
	* Kubuntu livecd's
Kubuntu offers Livecd's for download or free delivery on kubuntu.org/
	* PLD linux Livecd with KDE 4.x:
http://kde4.livecd.pld-linux.org/index.php
	* Mandriva Linux live CD with KDE 4.x:
http://www.mandriva.com/en/download/free
	* Fedora Linux live installer with KDE 4.x:
http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-kdeSince Debian, Kubuntu, and Fedora are out, that leaves Mandriva and PLD.