[clue-talk] Alternative KDE distro

Michael Irons michael.irons at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 22:51:36 MST 2010

Thanks Dennis and Louis.

Arch looks nice... I will look more into it. It seems to be the most
promising.
Unfortunately Louis, my schedule doesn't coincide with CLUE's so I cannot
make the meetings. I have been researching a lot on the internet though.

I have come to the realization that I want two different  things that are
not easily reconciled:

Security, stability, standards (Debian)
Newer software (Arch, Ubuntu, Sidux, etc).

I think that the easiest solution would be to build a time machine and bring
back a stable Debian from the future. Although, I don't know if apt would
support the correct protocols to get the right updates from the future.
Anyway, until I succeed in the time machine, I will keep looking.

Thanks,

Mike Irons