[clue-talk] Alternative KDE distro

Shawn Perry redmop924 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 10 16:16:29 MST 2010

Well, ubuntu is just debian unstable with a few tweaks.

On Jan 10, 2010 3:23 PM, "Michael Irons" <michael.irons at gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 10, 2010...
Thanks Shawn and  Collins. I was actually thinking about something like that
last night. If I was running gentoo, I could just unmask the few packages
that I wanted if they were still in testing and use them.  I wasn't sure how
well that would work with testing/unstable with debian. I already have a
debian disk, so I guess it is time to fire up an virtual machine and try it
out.

I update my laptop laptop fairly often, so sidux is a possibility. It makes
me nervous to be fully in the Sid branch though as I am in school and need
my laptop almost daily... I won't have time to fix/track down/remove a
goofball package if it ruins the system too often.... what is "pretty
stable"? Average bad package once a week? Once a month? More? Less?

Thanks again,

Mike Irons