[clue-talk] Alternative KDE distro

Michael Irons michael.irons at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 18:00:45 MST 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Shawn Perry <redmop924 at comcast.net>
> wrote:
> > Well, ubuntu is just debian unstable with a few tweaks.
> >

> Well, almost. They start with unstable, then cram stuff from
> experimental and who knows where else into the mix.

I was somewhat aware of that fact, but not as much as I thought I was.

Although I have a growing dislike for K/Ubuntu and their methods. It has
never seemed unstable to me, which says a lot for K/Ubuntu. In
my experience, it just works for the day to day computing needs. I would
still recommend it for many people for that fact alone.

It seems everyones definition of unstable is different.  Which is why I ask
for clarification on whether distros are a "stable unstable"?

Mike Irons