[clue-talk] January Presentation

chris fedde chris at fedde.us
Wed Jan 13 20:01:58 MST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Shawn Perry <redmop924 at comcast.net> wrote:

> If we are given a year to make this decision to select the CMS, we
> will take WAY more than that.  We need to make this decision much more
> quickly.  I'd say 2 months would be pushing it.  We can communicate
> via the lists to make this decision.

Maybe we need to take the time then and write down a few "needs"  to
see what we want from the website.
I'll start with a straw man list modeled after the features we talked
over at the Marriott.  I'll use bullet points to make it seem
"official":

* Web based (obviously)
* Calendar of events
* Pointers to past presentations
* Mailing list archive browsing
* Search enabled
* Authentication and authorization at least for content managers
* Self hosting rather than using a full service like gmail or yahoo groups.
* Platform to provide opportunities to learn things.
* Spam detection
* SSL
* Authentication and authorization management integrated
* Standards based
* "Skinable"
* RSS
* Notifications (email, sms, twitter, etc)

Is that enough to get us started?