[clue-talk] Are the Clue North Monthly meetings dead/gone ?

zach at thegiezens.com zach at thegiezens.com
Thu Mar 18 00:18:28 MDT 2010

I agree with Nick.

As much as I would love to geek-out and build a dedicated system for the
sole purpous of streaming video to a free service like Qik or UStreem.

CLUE would be better served by MANY capable attendees or coordinators with
thin client devices like the Android phones or other smart phones.

There is always the issue of internet access, is it on, is it working,
what is the SSID, what was the WEP key, etc.

Smart phones have built in 3G access (most of them anyway)

Bambuser = Free > Support for many phones
http://bambuser.com/phones

Qik = Free > Support for many phones.
http://qik.com/phones

This way, it's quick to setup (share the CLUE login) somebody in the
meeting streams the evenings festivitetys, and when it's time to tear down
and go get beers with the group after the meeting, there's no clean up.

This is a win / win for everybody.

All it requires is a link on the CLUE site for each recording.
Hell we could even setup a video podcast.

Well thats all well and good, but somebody has to implement it, and
nurcher it. It's a great concept, so who will steep up and get this
started?????

I would love to, if I wasn't so freaking busy at work and over committed
in OWASP and 2600.

I would love to see this happen, and extend my thanks and gratitude to
anyone who can get it done.

Thanks for your time.....

Zach Giezen
Open Source Security Admin and retired CLUE-North Coordinator