[clue-talk] OpenOffice DDE Link Formating

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Mon May 10 21:21:41 MDT 2010

I'm trying to help a friend do some documentation in OpenOffice
Calc and Writer, mostly to prove he doesn't need Word.  I've found
I can create my data in Calc then use DDE links to make the data
dynamically available in Writer.  Works great, for the most part.  The
problem is it seems the DDE link creates a cell in writer and I'm
stuck with that.  It puts the Cell as the only thing on the one line and
I can't change that.  I can change the size of the cell it pastes but I
can't put anything else on the line, I can't put it in the middle of a line
or such as that.   Anyone have any ideas?

Robert

--

:wq!
                                          @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu