[clue-talk] best/worst/most interesting distro?

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Tue Oct 5 10:26:46 MDT 2010

I personally find CentOS to be overall the most useful distro. However
there is absolutely nothing leading or bleeding edge in it; if I needed
that I might be inclined to try Fedora, and I do have Ubuntu running in
a VM under CentOS+VMware.

I have used puppy and mint but not for any length of time. Puppy is
great because it's so small, and I always liked DSL as part of a well
rounded sysadmin toolbox.

If you use the "big" distros then other potentially complicated stuff
like getting Rails to work is easier because the environment is fully
supported.

Jim

--
Jim Ockers, P.Eng. (ockers at ockers.net)