[clue-talk] Privacy, Tech, and Politics

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sat Sep 4 22:40:01 MDT 2010

So Dave A. pointed to this Debconf thing, where Eben Moglen gave a talk.
I just started watching the video

http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2010/debconf10/high/1252_How_We_Can_Be_the_Silver_Lining_of_the_Cloud.ogv

and two things immediately come to mind. One is that his point about
privacy reminds of why Whit Diffie wanted to come up with asymetric
encryption in the first place. Two is the book "Code and Other Laws of
Cyberspace" by Lawrence Lessig.

So, I'm going to watch the rest of this vid of Eben speaking at Debconf.
Maybe not tonight, depending on how long a speech it is.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?