[clue-talk] Windows uggh!

rjohnston at denverinternet.com rjohnston at denverinternet.com
Sat Jan 1 11:27:26 MST 2011

On January 1, 2011 at 10:34 AM Mike Bean <beandaemon at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's usually F8 or F12 after boot - I assume you just select it in grub and
> then jam on the key, but I've seen that change from laptop to laptop, and to
> be completely honest, I have no idea how grub fits in.  I presume nothing
> boots before grub except the BIOS, and nothing boots after except the OS,
> most cases I've seen safe mode is a matter of F8/F12 while the OS loads; but I
> don't know that to be true.   Can I add you in gtalk?  So we don't necessarily
> need to spam the mailing list?

this one helped me on my sister's computer:
http://malwarebytes.org

download it on another computer and see if you can get it to install.

i think it is browser based - so if you kill the services for any browsers it is
using - that may help.

it also ran as these - so kill them as well:

SystemSecurity.exe
05643921.exe
install.exe

...roy