[clue-talk] [clue-tech] Jan meeting

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Fri Jan 7 12:31:23 MST 2011

(Forwarded from the clue-tech list on my part.)

> ----- "David L. Anselmi" <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote: -----
> >
> > Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> > > Neither of the two speakers we had lined up will be able to give a
> > > talk
> > > next week. Is anyone in the group willing to give a talk, or even
> > > just
> > > ramble, next week?
> >
> > Given the current forecast my regular Tuesday appointment will
> > probably be canceled. If it is I
> > could talk. I think everyone will agree that I can easily ramble for
> > an hour or two. To make it
> > sound interesting, here are some things I could talk about:
> >
> > - flight operations video from USS NIMITZ (CVN-68)
> > - the design of US Navy shipboard networks
> > - the OpenPGP PKI model and lessons learned from our key signing
> > last
> > year
> > - any number of random, unrelated, historic facts
> >
> > I'll watch the weather but by all means find someone else if you can
> > (none of the above has visual
> > aids, except the video).
> >
> > Is there an agenda for officer elections or something? Perhaps
> > people
> > would be more interested in
> > CLUE administration. Or the latest on web-casting, Drupal, etc could
> > be demo'd.

As a thought (not to take away from David A. "rambling" of course ;-) )
would someone like to act as a presenter with the CLUE webinar
system with a PDF and/or Power Point presentation to give this a shot?
I would like to remain server side to monitor and address any possible
"issues" (plus I do not have a web cam nor microphone actually for
those features), but open to having such. Call it a test or trial run
for all to try out that may not be available to attend.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA