[clue-tech] management requests

Roger Frank rfrank at linuxclassroom.org
Thu Aug 10 06:15:47 MDT 2000

My research has not found how to accomodate either of these
requests.  Can anyone help?

(1) I've set inittab to login at level 5.  Everything is fine, but after
a few minutes, the login times out and the monitors go blank.
Hitting return brings them back. This is a fine feature but one that
I am asked to disable.  We need the login screen to stay on.  I
have already disabled the timeout on the monitor itself, so it
seems to be Linux..  I had high hopes for /usr/share/config.kdmrc
but it seems I can only change the login prompt there for the
graphical login, not the duration.

(2)  How do I disable the password sanity checks in yppasswd?
Someone wants to be able to allow any password the user wants
to use.  No checks should be made for "too short" or "dictionary
word" or whatever.  I know this is not a good idea, but that's not
the question.  How do I make it work this way?

Many thanks.

--
Roger Frank
rfrank at linuxclassroom.org