[CLUE-Tech] Debian

Randolph Cordell open2ningz at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 15 23:52:10 MST 2000

I do believe the man pages are an option to install with Debian (it is the
most customizable distro).  I believe 'dselect' is what will get you into the
debian packagemanager in order to verify if they are installed or not and
allow you to install them if they aren't.  Debian is a booger to start out
with.  But I appreciate that 'cause it's what I chose to do in my not too
distant intro to Linux, because I knew it would be the hardest to do and
therefore I'd get the most out of it.  It's also supposed to be the most
powerful and the most secure distro - but I can't argue this either way yet.

As for where they are at:  There is a directory somewhere named man and
inside it are man1-man8 subdirectories - corresponding to the use of 'man x
application_name' where x is 1-8 (5 is file formats, 1 is user applications
and 8 is sys admin man pages.  I want to say they are in /usr/share/man but
I'm not certain.  I can't check because I am (blush) in 98 right now after
just balancing my checkbook...  Anyone know of a good checkbook application
for Linux.

Randy