[clue-tech] And now for something completely different

grant grant at amadensor.com
Wed Jul 26 15:54:02 MDT 2000

> One little annoyance: these machines dual boot, so out of the
> 25 it seems that at least one of them reaches "maximal count"
> everytime the lot of them is brought up. The ensuing fsck takes
> precious class time.  I'd like to figure out how to have a
> cron job do the fsck at night and reset the counter that
> otherwise triggers the unwelcomed fsck.

What my PC does on startup is:
fsck -R -A -V -a

The only real dificulty is that the partitions cannot be mounted when this
takes place, and it skips the root partition.  You may want to remount the
root partition as read-only and unmount everything else, then run it
without the -R so that it will hit root too.