[clue-tech] CLUE-Talk: Installation problems

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Tue Jun 20 22:30:41 MDT 2000

"grant at amadensor.com" wrote:

> Do a ls -l.  You will likely notice that the setup file is not
> executeable.  Do a chmod a+x setup.  If you do the net installation
> (more than one user on the machine, and you should) you should be logged
> in as root, then log in as the regular user and do setup from the
> /opt/Office52/bin directory.  It will put in your 2 meg of stuff.  The
> directory names are a guess based on the 5.1 stuff.

A question first: does chmod affect a CD?

This is what it currently states about setup and following what you
said:

-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     root        66936 May 11 10:25 setup
-r--r--r--   1 root     root       392102 May 11 10:30 setup.ins
cullis:/cdrom/linux/office52 # chmod a+x setup
cullis:/cdrom/linux/office52 # ./setup
bash: ./setup: Permission denied
cullis:/cdrom/linux/office52 #

I think I've done exactly what you said, but I may be wrong.  I'll try
it again.

Thanks for the help.

Kevin