[clue-tech] CLUE-Talk: Installation problems

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Thu Jun 22 00:18:03 MDT 2000

Kevin Cullis wrote:

> StarOffice 5.2 is started by running the "soffice" script. This script
> is located in the installation directory, e.g. "/home/joe/Office52/".
> ******************
>
> Here is what I get as root:
>
> cullis:/cdrom/linux/office52 # ./setup
> bash: ./setup: Permission denied

I used to have this problem.  For me it turned out that
I didn't have execute permissions set for the cdrom mount.
Check your /etc/fstab file and make sure that the exec
option is set for your /cdrom entry.  It should look
something like this:

/dev/hdd    /cdrom    iso9660    ro,noauto,user,exec  0  0
                                                ----

If this doesn't work, do you have enough space on your
hard drive(s) to copy the cdrom files to a hard disk.
If so, do it and try executing setup from from where
ever you copy it to.

Later,

Lynn