[CLUE-Tech] CDROM audio problems

Match Grun match at dimensional.com
Wed Nov 1 01:52:19 MST 2000

Ok,

That makes it a liitle easier. My CD-Rom is /dev/hdd. Maybe Gnome
attempts to access this device using /dev/cdrom when first installed.
Start up the Gnome CD player gtcd. Press the Preferences button;
this is the middle button on the bottom row. Check that CDROM
device is pointed to the correct device. Supply the correct device
/dev/hdc in your case. Let me know if that works.

On a RedHat system, a link is created so that /dev/cdrom points
to the CD-Rom device (/dev/hdd, in my case). Maybe Suse 6.4
does not do this. You can also create a link. Some of the other
CD players look for a device called /dev/cdrom.

Match