[CLUE-Tech] CDROM audio problems

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Nov 2 23:14:44 MST 2000

Thus spoke Lynn Danielson
> Has anyone used T.E.A.R, pronounced tair, Tear Encodes And Rips?
> Rip, tear, you've gotta love those opensource punsters.

RIP actually stands for "Raster Image Processor", a process from which
CD encodings are derived (I believe).

> Anyway, it's freshmeat postings have been perking my interest.
> It uses CDDB to gather info about the CD, rips the CD using
> cdparanoia or cdda2wav, then uses lame, bladeenc, gogo, xing,
> or mp3enc to encode mp3 files and id3 tags them at the same time.
>
> Are there any other recommendations for software like this?

XRipper does all of that, I believe.  Very simple to use Gtk based
interface.  It also lets you specify the use of underscores to replace
spaces in filenames and sampling rates.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com