[CLUE-Tech] Software RAID stupidity

Dave Hahn dhahn at techangle.com
Wed Oct 25 15:20:34 MDT 2000

Hey Jim:

I've seen this twice before.  Both times the failure of the RAID to load was
related to partition information; once when I replaced a drive in the RAID
and the partition was flagged as type 0x83 instead of 0xfd.  The second time
was when the super block on the raid device was invalid.

I always found some hints in dmesg.

The bad part of the lesson was that neither raid worked correctly afterward.
However, if you can still mount the raid under 2.2.14 it sounds like you are
better off than I was.