[CLUE-Tech] Qmail-Vmailmgr-Courier-SquirrelMail HOWTO

Match Grun match at dimensional.com
Mon Apr 2 13:13:45 MDT 2001

Kevin,

Thank you for the info. This looks like a good reference page.
I bought the book "Running qmail", which covers most of the stuff.
There is also a good reference for qmail at http://www.qmail.org
One of the sites listed there covered setting up the smtp side.

I have qmail up and running. I think there are still problems
with the networking side. The maillog file reports errors
attempting to connect to smtp. There also seems to be a long
timeout before attempting to connect to the qmail-smtp daemon.
Sometimes I get an instantaneous connection, sometimes it takes
a few minutes.

I am not running a DNS server, but I am not even sure whether it
is necessary. I am hoping that setting up /etc/resolv.conf and
/etc/hosts is the only thing I need to do. There seems to be very
little information on this.

I don't know whether the lack of a DNS server is the cause of
the problem. I was hoping that one of the mail or network gurus
would be able to set me right.

Match