[CLUE-Tech] Linux Router Project

Ostdiek, Gerry Gerald_Ostdiek at jdedwards.com
Wed Apr 4 15:29:57 MDT 2001

That's a good tip. Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Ockers [mailto:ockers at ockers.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 3:48 PM
To: clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us
Subject: Re: [CLUE-Tech] Linux Router Project

Gerry:

> So were you able to create the floppy from DOS or did you use your linux
> machine? The commands are Debian commands and couldn't do with RedHat.

I used a very old slackware-based system of mine to create the diskette.
I can't think of very many Debian commands that won't work under Red Hat.
Perhaps they were not in the default path?  Red Hat does not put several
useful directories in the path, so you have to either add them yourself
or else specify the path each time you run the command.

Slackware rules!

Hope this helps.

--
Jim Ockers (ockers at ockers.net)                     Ask me about Linux!
Contact info: please see http://www.ockers.net/

Fight Spam! Join CAUCE (Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email)
at http://www.cauce.org/ .