[CLUE-Tech] Fwd: New Linux Site

Jeffery Cann jccann at home.com
Wed Apr 11 23:11:59 MDT 2001

Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:49:53 -0600
From: "William C. Phye" <bbccp at 4dv.net>
To: CLUE <clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us>
Subject: [CLUE-Tech] [Fwd: SARC April 2001 Newsletter]
Sender: clue-tech-admin at clue.denver.co.us

--------------420C237FE85D69DE777C4880

Hello.

During the April Meeting, there was some discussion regarding current
number - know - viruses [platform unspecified].  As of April 10, 2001,
Norton Anti Virus is protecting against 49,082 viruses.

For the uninitiated, I have attached SARC April 2001 Newsletter.  A
'Find In Message' search [on Newsletter] for Linux returned no hits.
Which is curious, because Symantec is busting it's butt to complete
Linux Anti Virus shrink-wrap product.

As we know there are Linux viruses, it is curious Symantec doesn't
'track' them.  I wonder how many Linux viruses there are?  Does anyone
know?

Thanks,

Bill

PS