[CLUE-Tech] VFS issue

David Anselmi anselmi at intradenver.net
Mon Apr 16 10:35:09 MDT 2001

Kevin,

The file system is writing these messages to you.  It writes them when you
change the media in the drive.  Below you have such a message for fd0, your
floppy.  Looks like the first (Apr  8 21:03:17) happened when you took the disk
out (which is why you get the sector not found messages).  Then you put a disk
back in (Apr  9 07:50:32).

The others you have happen on ide1.  If it is a CD or zip drive, something with
removable media, there's your answer - you changed the media.  If they aren't,
then this is wierd.  I'll take a guess that ide1 is the slave drive on your
first ide cable.

As to why you noticed this now, and not before, I don't know.  You might double
check and see if maybe they have happened in the past and you didn't notice (if
your logs go back far enough).

Dave