[CLUE-Tech] expect script for cvs login? was: How do I do this?

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Tue Apr 17 00:53:36 MDT 2001

Jeffery Cann wrote:

> Lynn Danielson wrote:
>
> > I believe the first line of your script should say
> > set password [lindex $argv 0]  instead of $argv 1.
>
> AFAIK, argv 0 is the name of the script.  This is the standard
> UNIX convention.  I tried it anyway and it did not work.

It may be UNIX convention, but it's not TCL.  Expect is a TCL
extension.  In TCL the name of the program is not part of the
argv list but is placed into a variable called argv0 instead.

You might also try 'expect "assword:"' instead of 'expect
"*password:"'.  I've not seen the asterisk used in the expect
examples I've seen.  Also "assword:" should match both password
and Password, regardless of case.  But if this change still
doesn't fix the problem, I don't know what else to suggest.
Tom Poindexter's our resident TCL guru, hopefully he's following
the thread and will have something better to offer you.

Lynn