[CLUE-Tech] expect script for cvs login? was: How do I do this?

David Anselmi anselmi at intradenver.net
Tue Apr 17 17:59:56 MDT 2001

My point was that the cvs client remembers the password, so you don't have to
put the login command in your script.  Just do 'cvs login' manually, then write
your script to do the 'cvs update' or whatever.

Perhaps you can't, if the user running the cgi doesn't have a home dir.  'cvs
login' stores the password in ~/.cvspass.  The docs say you can override that
with the CVS_PASSFILE variable (set it before you run cvs login, and make sure
it's set for subsequent operations).

As to Lynn's suggestion to use autoexpect, when you run it does your CVSROOT
get unset?  If autoexpect is running a sub-shell, it may not have all your
environment variables.  Perhaps you can get around that by specifying it on the
command line (cvs -d, I think).

Dave