[CLUE-Tech] Meanness to my RDBMS

Dan Harris coronadh at coronasolutions.com
Thu Apr 19 14:17:09 MDT 2001

Yes, I've done everything from removing a RAID drive to physically cutting the
network cable on many RDBMS installs.  I've had the best luck with recovery on
Sybase (UNIX) and MSSQL (NT4.0).. Haven't done any disaster recovery exercises
with pgsql yet, but WOW that's great to know.  I am currently in the midst of
planning moving 20 million+ rows from MSSQL to PostgreSQL and that's encouraging
to hear your results.

-Dan Harris