[CLUE-Tech] A small wireless bulletin

Tim Russell tim.russell at ilg.com
Sun Apr 22 01:18:45 MDT 2001

Hey all,

   Just wanted to let you know, I think CompUSA, at least the Park Meadows
one, has their pricing screwed up on Linksys wireless 802.11 gear, and now
is a good time to take advantage...

   Their 802.11 PC Cards are marked $159 on the shelves, but are ringing up
at $99, and the WAP/4 port switch/Internet firewall is marked $299 but is
ringing up at $249.  I'm sitting on all the stuff I'll ever need, so I
thought I'd pass this along.. ;-)

    I think the screwup comes from a "$50 off cards when purchased with a
WAP" promotion that's always applying the $50.  I bought the cards first,
played with them in ad-hoc mode and wasn't satisfied, then went back and
bought the WAP separately, and everything rang up $50 off.

Tim