[CLUE-Tech] many choices

Jim Intriglia jimintriglia at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 23 20:53:13 MDT 2001

>From: "David Willson" <DLWillson at thegeek.nu>
>To: <clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us>
>Subject: RE: [CLUE-Tech] many choices
>Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:05:56 -0600
>
>Where did you read that CSS is, or will soon be, deprecated?  Everything I
>do is based on very simple HTML in combination with Cascading Style-Sheets.
>I would be sorely disappointed to see CSS going away.

I liked the idea of CSS (seperating presentation from content), but was very
disappointed with the extent of support provided by the various (popular)
browsers. Got to be a real pain checking CSS page rendering on IE/Windows,
IE/Mac, Netscape/Windows, Netscape, Linux... you get the idea.

>the combination of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript/ECMAScript.

Wonder if it's worth bothering with Javascript anymore, as it was a creature
of Netscape which is now owned by AOL. Any new development going on with JS,
standard-wise as well as browser-wise??

Seems server-side processing pretty much killed cleint-side
Java/Javascripting, except for small applications - Yes?

JimI.