[CLUE-Tech] where'dit go?

Roger Frank rfrank at rfrank.net
Tue Apr 24 18:41:06 MDT 2001

You've heard me talk about Clarkconnect.  Their site,
www.clarkconnect.net seems to have disappeared.
It won't even resolve with DNS (ping www.clarkconnect.net).
So I did a whois lookup on clarkconnect.net and found
their DNS server at 216.126.81.154 and that pinged okay.
Then I added that to my nameserver list in /etc/resolv.conf
and pinged www.clarkconnect.net again to find its address
at http://209.153.255.63/ and put that in a browser and
sure enough got to their page.  So it seems it's still there
but the DNS servers that I usually use forgot where its
IP address info.

This makes me wonder if some DNS servers are better
than some others.  When I chase links in google, I get
some non-existing links.  Could some of them be like
clarkconnect.net was -- really there but unknown to the
DNS servers in my list?

Roger Frank