[CLUE-Tech] CDDB

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Aug 15 17:45:51 MDT 2001

Grant Johnson wrote:

> I have been playing with cdparanoia.  Does anyone have something to grab
> the info from cddb and automatically name the tracks?

Dunno if it's quite what you're after, but gcd will do that (Gnome CD
Player). It's configurable to use different CD databases as well. (The
Slashdot crowd isn't too happy with CDDB, BTW --
http://slashdot.org/search.pl?query=cddb )

I suppose a ripper which did auto-naming as it ripped would be way-cool.

--
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a
 difference. Free Software developers don't have that problem."