[CLUE-Tech] Non KDE program at KDE Startup?

David Anselmi anselmi at intradenver.net
Tue Aug 21 10:59:51 MDT 2001

Timothy Klein wrote:

> There is a file called Startup, IIRC, that one the older KDE lived in
> ~/Desktop but in the newer KDE its location is customizable.  Any
> program in there runs at start up.

To configure how X/KDE start for all users, you can modify the files in
/etc/X11R6/xdm (your location may differ).  See the xdm man page, and read
carefully which file gets run when (some are run before X and xdm start, some
are run when you log in).  KDM uses the same config files as xdm.

If you want help modifying those, just ask.  It took me a while to figure out
what was going on but now I have a handle on it.