[CLUE-Tech] How to view MS Word docs in Linux

Ryan Kirkpatrick ug at rkirkpat.net
Tue Aug 21 19:11:18 MDT 2001

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Jed S. Baer wrote:

> Leaving the spreadsheet issue for a different thread, in the short term,
> I could convert my resume to pdf, but then I have the question of
> editing it. TeX seems like too big a hammer. Having something simple, to
> do just page headers, bold/underline, typeface selection, indentation,
> wrapping, and margins would fill the bill quite well, I think.
> Any suggestions?

	I would recommend LyX, which is a WYSIWYM (what you see is what
you mean) front end for LaTeX. I have used it extensively for everything
from reports to my resume as well, and it quite easy to use. Not quite as
fine grain control over the page layout as Word, but then again it behaves
more sanely than Word. :)
	Anyway, you can find out more at www.lyx.org. TTYL.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |
|   Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  |  http://www.rkirkpat.net/   |