[CLUE-Tech] Xerox printer config suggestions?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Aug 26 21:34:04 MDT 2001

Charlie Oriez wrote:

> > I am not sure what I need in terms of hardware.  My Linux box has a
> > single parallel port.  Should I get another parallel card?  How
> > about one of those 'parallel printer A/B switches'.  What about a
> > printer server?
> >

> I have one of those A/B boxes.  I was told by someone recently that
> there is a problem with using those boxes with laser printers.  I
> think that was told to me by someone at PC Land in Littleton who was
> trying to sell me network cards.

Only issue with an A/B is if the printers speak different languages, and
you forget to flip the switch. OTOH, you might like looking at a
printout of postcript code :-).

--
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a
 difference. Free Software developers don't have that problem."