[CLUE-Tech] drive formatting

adam adam_bultman at gmx.net
Mon Dec 3 20:11:26 MST 2001

It's pretty easy:

#fdisk /dev/sdn  (where N is the letter)
Follow the instructions, or man fdisk first
write partition table, etc.
then:

mkfs -t ext[2 | 3] or whatever /dev/sdnm, where n is the the drive letter
according to the device, and M is the partition.

as usual, it's scary at first, then, easier as time goes by.

adam