[CLUE-Tech] drive formatting

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Mon Dec 3 17:15:35 MST 2001

Sure.  2 things to do: run fdisk or cfdisk to parition the hard drive.
Use mke2fs or mkreiserfs or whatever to create the file system on the
partition.  If you had only one new partition, it would be something
like:

mke2fs /dev/sdc1

depending on what your device was.

There are a lot of options, but the defaults are probably ok.

If you can, use cfdisk, as seems a bit easier at first, as it seems
easier for the partition type.

Tim