[CLUE-Tech] DSL Recommendations

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Tue Dec 4 22:35:39 MST 2001

"Haley, Mike" wrote:

> I got DSL but have not been able to get it set up right under RH (due to my
> lack of knowledge).  I went with an external modem/router (Cisco 675) and
> americanisp.net.  They assign a static IP.  Don't know what other ISPs do. The
> Cisco just plugs into your nic card. - Mike Haley

Mike, I've had no trouble getting this to work.  Be glad to help you, perhaps at
the meeting next week, perhaps whenever is convenient for you.  Others on the
list have done the same, so feel free to ask for help.

I can't say for RH, but when I've done this, it's modprobe the nic driver and
point a dhcp client at it.  Then it Just Works(tm).  But feel free to post
questions and error messages and we'll larn ya up real quick like.