[CLUE-Tech] AT&T Broadband

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at home.com
Wed Dec 5 18:20:02 MST 2001

On 12-05 16:50, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> On 12-05 14:00, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> > Jeffery Cann wrote:
> >
> > > Joe,
> > >
> > > I feel your pain.  I already went through section 3 of the DHCP mini-HOWTO,
> > > referenced by Brandon and I am still not able to connect as of this morning.  I
> > > am at work, so I cannot try some other ideas.
> >

> > Yes, the mini-HOWTO isn't much help. An actual config file that I can
> > modify is what I'm looking for. Don't be stingy people, post those
> > configs!
>
> Here's my pump.conf:
> retries 3
> device eth1 {
>   nodns
> }
>
> eth1 is the "internal" interface on my firewall...eth0 is the external.
>
> All I did was run pump -i eth0. I am using RH 6.1.
>
> HTH,

Some questions about AT&T that I forgot to add to my original email:

Are others experiencing DNS issues? Mine are kind of sporadic...for
instance, mail.attbi.com will resolve most of the time, but not others,
same with google and others. Instead, their "newuser" page comes up when
web browsing. Pretty annoying, esp. since we probably won't be reimbursed
for stuff like this...

I've had to spend a lot of time going and
resubscribing to mailing lists as it was, and this has made all the more
difficult because some web pages haven't worked (denverjug.org being another
that wasn't resolving at all for me until later today).

ObLinux: Does anyone have much experience with setting up cache-only DNS
servers? This might help with the sporadic resolving issues...esp. with the
mail server. Also, in my ipchains script I run from rc.local, I used to have
my hard-coded IP value in it. Is there any way to substitute stuff in their
for "current IP number for a certain interface"?

Also, how about a DHCP server?  Anyone out there done that?  I doubt I'll
really need to do this as I hope that their nameservers aren't changing
much, but it'd probably be good to do.

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at home.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome