[CLUE-Tech] critical error 98 on Apache -- virtual hosting

Adam_Bultman at gmx.net Adam_Bultman at gmx.net
Thu Dec 6 12:39:06 MST 2001

Been there!  The reason you dont' get any of the pages is because you aren't
giving apache a site to pull up.  It looks at the request and says, "I don't
know what to do with this". Apache needs to know where you want to go--
matching moms, etc.  Here's what I did to solve this on my local LAN:

In my hosts file, I would do this:
irm.glaven.org   192.168.0.2
phpproject.glaven.org  192.168.0.2

this solved the problem in the mean time.  You say, " I want to go to
irm.glaven.org" . It checks the hosts file, finds where you want to go,and pulls
it.
I can't guarantee it'll work for you, but this is how I tentatively solved
the problem.  I've done the same kind of thing when our T1 goes down at work.

adam

(http://groups.google.com/groups?q=apache+error+crit+98&hl=en&start=10&sa=N)