[CLUE-Tech] envelope printing?

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Sat Dec 8 18:56:45 MST 2001

On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 06:30:45PM -0700, Mike wrote:
> There is a package for LaTeX called EnvLab for printing labels and
> envelopes. It follows U.S Postal Service rules for printing barcodes and
> address formatting along with numerous options. Search for it at at
> http://www.ctan.org. Follow Todd's directions for running latex and
> printing. Alternatively, you can run

Thanks!

I'll look into that - for now mikes sample works great.  I whacked out a
little perl script that lets me type or paste an address, and get an
envelope in one step.

I am now hooked into learning more about LaTex.  I have managed to find
a couple of FAQ's and tutorials online, but this is a big iceberg.

A couple of issues have already come up:

1> how can i choose a specific font and point size?

2> is there a command switch for latex and dvips to make them run
'quietly'?

aloha,
dave