[CLUE-Tech] C programming question

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Dec 12 07:27:12 MST 2001

Thus spoke Dave Price
> Question:  What is the 'right' way to setup this program so that i can
> have a single function beep() which i can import into other programs
> when desired?

"Right" depends on what you find useful and meaningful.  I have a debug
library that I pull into most of my applications.  It compiles into a
static library which I then link to the rest of the application during
build of that application.  This solution simply uses a drop in library as
source.

You could also build a shared library and use it like you use any other
shared library.  You could be a loadable module as well.

Personally, for small features like what you describe, a static library
dropped into the source is easiest from my point of view.

--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |   And your crybaby whiny-assed opinion would