[CLUE-Tech] Debian install on alpha.

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Fri Dec 14 23:03:29 MST 2001

I'm happy to report that the debian (woody) install on alpha was very
easy.  Once SRM is available, all I needed were the rescue and root
floppies and the network.  Milo and other boot loader stuff wasn't
needed, nor were the drivers floppies.  It went just like an x86
install, except for using fdisk to do BSD disklables and leaving some
space at the front of a drive for aboot.

I guess I can only boot one kernel per disk this way, but that should be
ok.  I let it install what it wanted, instead of trimming out all the
cruft, so I'll do the trimming tomorrow (what do I want statd for,
anyway???)