[CLUE-Tech] Netscape email filters/rules for SPAM

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Sat Dec 15 11:40:04 MST 2001

I'm also having major problems with spam, I get more now than I ever
have before in my life, and it is driving me nuts.  Since I run my own
mail server, I don't exactly know what I'm doing with blocking the
spam.  I thought I had the MAPS/RBL stuff set up, but ever since I
upgraded from red hat 6.2 to 7.2, sendmail complains that I have an old
sendmail.cf file, and the upgrade installer put a sendmail.cf.rpmnew in
the /etc/ directory, only problem is, when I try to use it, sendmail
won't actually work.  So, I just revert back to the old config now and I
keep getting all kinds of filthy and annoying spam :(  There HAS to be a
better solution to this, and I say the next person who figures out how
to stop it should win the nobel prize or something!