[CLUE-Tech] Burning CDRs [was TDK veloCD recognized]

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Dec 19 12:21:45 MST 2001

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 12:16:26 -0700
Dave Anselmi <anselmi at americanisp.net> wrote:

> > Now to learn how to use it. I will probably use xcdroast. Any advice
>
> That may run on top of cdrecord, I don't know.

Or cdrdao maybe? I'm sure Zonker will know.

>  I've used cdrecord very
> succesfully.  One nice feature is the -dummy switch.  Allows you to
> simulate
> the burn process so you can see how it works.  This will show failures
> from
> buffer underruns or other causes without making a coaster in the
> process.

YMMV. I've burned coasters and not-quite coasters after a successful run
with -dummy. I was making a copy of an audio CD which skips on my stereo,
but not my 'puter. Ran out of space on the platter, but -dummy won't show
you that problem. And yes, I was using the 80min platters. So what I want
to know is, is there a way to make an "image" copy of an audio CD?
cdparanoia + cdrecord doesn't seem to do it, and preserve track info.

--
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it."