[CLUE-Tech] mounting fat (DOS) floppies?

Chris K. Chew chris at fenetics.com
Sat Dec 22 20:27:37 MST 2001

try:

mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /root/fd0

-----Original Message-----
From: clue-tech-admin at clue.denver.co.us
[mailto:clue-tech-admin at clue.denver.co.us]On Behalf Of Dave Price
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2001 8:22 PM
To: clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us
Subject: [CLUE-Tech] mounting fat (DOS) floppies?

hmmm,

I am trying to read some old MS-DOS files from floppy onto my linux box.

Originally, I did not have FAT filesystem support in my kernel, but I
built the module and installed it.  I still get no success when I try to
mount a floppy (as root even):

dp:~# mount  /dev/fd0 /root/fd0
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
dp:~# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
fat                    29120   0  (unused)
emu10k1                40960   1
ac97_codec              7492   0  [emu10k1]
dp:~# mount -t fat /dev/fd0 /root/fd0
mount: fs type fat not supported by kernel
dp:~#

Am I missing something obvious here?

aloha,
dave