[CLUE-Tech] OT: SQL Server dump-to-text

David Willson DLWillson at TheGeek.NU
Sat Dec 22 22:14:29 MST 2001

Do you still have a need to dump your SQL Server database to text?  If so, I
may be able to help.  I am fairly certain I have seen the feature in there
someplace.

-----Original Message-----
From: clue-tech-admin at clue.denver.co.us
[mailto:clue-tech-admin at clue.denver.co.us]On Behalf Of Chris K. Chew
Sent: Wednesday, 19 December, 2001 14:45
To: clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us
Subject: RE: [CLUE-Tech] Kernel Load Error: Can't locate module
Char-major 10-135

This is my favorite part of open source software.  For instance, I had to
work on a ms sql server yesterday for the first time (I have a been a MySQL
dba for almost two years now), trying to convert a database into a plain
text sql file.  Try googling for "Dump sql server to sql text file" and you
find nothing except plugs for a few books you can by for $50+ that don't
have the answers.  But google for "can't locate module char_major_10_135"
and not only do you get a solution, but also a detailed explanation of what
the module does and why it does it.

Incidentally, ms sql server is UNABLE to dump its database contents and
structure to a simple SQL text file.  Now last I checked, this was pretty
much the #1 requirement for SQL compliance.  SQL - yet another standard
stolen and then broken by microsoft.  I sure hope the public catches on
soon...

But I digress, thanks for listening.

Chris