[CLUE-Tech] Modem response to prompt

Adolf, Michael F michael.f.adolf at lmco.com
Tue Feb 6 15:35:31 MST 2001

I tried editing the wvdial.conf file with the entry PASSCODE = mycode.  But
the modem doesn't look in this file to resolve a prompt it doesn't
recognize.

However, I was able to solve my problem by using kppp.  kppp is a KDE dialer
utility which allow the setting of several options, including gateways and
DNS IPs. But more importantly for me, it allows the option to display an
interactive modem window after a connection is established.  This window
displays the PASSCODE prompt and waits for user input.  This is especially
nice when your passcode is clocked to change every so many seconds for
security reasons.

thanks for helping!
mike