[CLUE-Tech] Why PHP rules!

Christopher Wiegand cdwiegand at gmx.de
Thu Feb 8 14:40:44 MST 2001

Also, if you ever have migrated ASP (or even a real VB app) from using ODBC
and/or DAO and/or ADO from Access to MS-SQL, you will know that you *still*
have to at least verify all of your SQL statements, as MS-SQL uses % instead
of *, some of the field types act a little differently (read: you can search
an Access Memo field but not a MS-SQL Text field). You will have to do some
work anyways... :( Also, from what I have seen, ODBC isn't a nice API to work
with, so that's why there probably isn't alot of built-in support for most
languages.