[CLUE-Tech] Unix for WINdows

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Fri Feb 9 18:52:26 MST 2001

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 08:28:47AM -0700, Grant Johnson wrote:
> Has anyone tried this on Win ME, if you are stuck with it, it might be a
> way to get your command line back.
> At 06:30 PM 02/08/2001 -0700, you wrote:

I use Cygwin on the 1 box I have that I need for unsupported hardware.
(Darn digital photo stuff, but I can't live without my film scanner and
Nixon Coolpix 950).  Cygwin, in combination with LiteStep (is that what
it is called -- an Afsterstep-like Explorer shell replacement for
Windows), and the machine hardly feels like Windows.  No start button, a
truly usable command line, gcc, ... oh yeah, the crashes and bugs bring me
back to reality, though.

Tim
== Timothy Klein       || And what rough beast                   ==
== teece at hypermall.net || Its hour come round at last            ==
== Aufwiedersehen!     || Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born? ==
== Aufwiedersehen!     || The beast of Redmond, nothing more.    ==