[CLUE-Tech] Mozilla 0.7 SSL Not working RH6.2 (was Netscape 6 on ML CD-ROM)

Jim Intriglia jimintriglia at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 11 03:30:47 MST 2001

Hi Match-

Thanks for that info. Downloaded Mozilla 0.7 and installed via RPM. Mozilla
0.7 looks pretty snazzy, and the Mozilla site is a hell of a lot better
organized as compared to Netscapes, when it comes to support.

However..

>From: Match Grun <match at dimensional.com>
>To: clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us
>Subject: Re: [CLUE-Tech] Netscape 6 on Maximum Linux Mag CD-ROM Not Working
>- RH6.2
>Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 11:58:36 -0700
>
>Jim,
>
>Instead of installing Netscape 6, just use Mozilla. The latest
>version is 0.7 and works great.

OK - deleted Netscape 6 and .Mozilla sub-directories, installed Mozilla 0.7
via RPM (running build 2001020313) and it boots OK.. but..

>This version also supports
>HTTPS protocols.

Not the version I'm running as aforementioned. I get a "connection refused"
message when I try to access https (such a Yahoo mail - Secure or even
Hotmail (login) for that matter.

I've begun going through the know issues on Mozilla.org for this release,
and it does mention some knowm problems with TLS SSL. (Note: the directions
to turn off TLS are out of date, as the instructions do not correspond to
what I'm seeing on the drop-down menu).

>Be sure to remove your .mozilla directory (if
>you have one), before installing. If you had this directory
>from the first preview version of Netscape 6, it definitely
>will cause problems with the latest version.

Did that with no problem.

>Match

As you are running https and perhaps accessing Hotmail, any ideas on what is
causing the "connection refused" problem? I'll continue to read-through the
Mozilla site for a clue.

-Jim